This is the most delicious vegan Burrito Bowl recipe. It's packed full of colour, texture and flavour. This nourishing bowl is made with baked sweet potatoes, rice and beans, pico, guacamole, and leafy greens.
If you're looking for a delicious, nourishing vegan meal that can be transformed into incredible leftovers the next day, keep reading. I share 3 ways to enjoy this vegan burrito bowl 3 ways.
Aren't bowls all the rage! and for good reason. They are a modern classic, convertible, adaptable vegetarian meal that can be plain or fancy, healthy or indulgent, pretty or a hot mess. Regardless of how you like your bowl, I think we can all agree, this is a food trend that's not going anywhere soon.
I create bowls for dinner (and lunch) a lot during the week. Frequently they are bits and bobs from other meals we've enjoyed. This vegan burrito bowl recipe is a delicious, nourishing bowl packed full of incredible flavours, textures, and colours. It's very adaptable and is wonderful served as a hot and crunchy burrito wrap with dipping sauces too!
This recipe seems like a lot of work (especially if you don't have any leftovers like rice or beans); however, none of the components takes very long, and they are all super easy.
Managing Your Time
Managing your time is the most important step of all. Everything will run smoothly if you follow these easy pro tips:
- Get the rice started (use a rice cooker or Instant Pot for fuss free prep) or use leftover rice.
- Preheat the oven.
- Chop the veggies (including cilantro, juice limes, etc).
- Put the sweet potato mixture into the oven.
- Then make the chili-lime vinaigrette, the Tex Mex cashew cream, and the guacamole.
- Make rice and beans and make corn.
More Ways to Serve Burrito Bowl Ingredients
One of the top 3 reasons this yummy vegan burrito bowl is a family favourite is convenience and customization - set up the ingredients like a Burrito Bar and let everyone make their own bowl/wrap. Including tortilla shells creates 2 additional options to enjoy the burrito bowl ingredients.
Fresh Burrito Wrap Recipe - tuck some greens, rice and beans, sweet potatoes, avocado slices, and all the toppings into a tortilla. Roll it up and serve with salsa and extra cashew cream for dipping. Super delicious and fresh - plus this is great for on-the-go dinners or to take for lunch.
Crunchy Hot Burrito Wrap Recipe - put a layer of shredded vegan cheese on a large tortilla. Add sweet potatoes, rice and beans, corn, peppers, tomatoes, cashew cream, and more shredded cheese. Roll it up and grill it on all 4 sides until golden and crispy.
Top with guacamole, salsa, cashew cream, sriracha and green onion slices. This version is the family favourite as we love the crunchy shell and the hot, cheesy bits in the middle.
Have the bowl for dinner and the wraps (hot or cold) for a delicious, nourishing plant-based breakfast, lunch or dinner the next night!
More Vegan Bowl Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Burrito Power Bowl (3 ways) Recipe
Rate this recipe!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- pinch hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- sprinkle black pepper, fresh cracked
Chili Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ½ - 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 19 oz tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, rough chop
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp oil
- sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2-4 cups greens (spinach, arugula, any leafy green) chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, medium dice
- 2-4 tortillas (optional)
- garnishes: sriracha, chopped cilantro, lime
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- If making rice from scratch, make it now (1 cup as per package directions).
- Chili-Lime Vinaigrette RecipeWhisk ingredients together, taste, and adjust seasonings (it should taste a bit sour).
- Make Guacamole Recipe
- Toss 1 tsp oil, cubed sweet potatoes, chopped onions, red pepper flakes, and pepper together in an ovenproof dish or prepared sheet pan in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.The sweet potatoes should be soft-firm - not mushy. May take more or less time depending on oven and size of potatoes.
- Once out of the oven, pour the chili-lime vinaigrette over the cooked sweet potato mixture and place in serving dish.
Rice and Beans (make while sweet potatoes baking)
- Place 1 tsp oil in a smoking hot cast-iron skillet with a sprinkle of coarse ground salt. Add cooked rice and crisp up.
- Then add black beans, green onions, a squeeze of lime, a handful of chopped cilantro, and cook until hot.
- Taste and re-season as required. Remove from heat and place in a serving bowl.
Grilled Corn (make while sweet potatoes baking)
- Heat up the same skillet until smoking hot again, add the corn with a sprinkle of salt, a crushed garlic clove, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until seared. Remove from heat and place in a serving bowl.*ProTip - you can cook corn in with the rice and beans to save time.
Putting it All Together
- Place all components into serving bowls (buffet style) so everyone can build their own bowl.
- To a bowl or tortilla, add sweet potatoes, rice & beans and a handful of greens.
- Then layer in corn, chopped tomatoes, peppers, guacamole (or just avocado slices), drizzle with Tex-Mex Cashew Cream and sriracha sauce.
- Top with chopped cilantro, a sprinkle of hot peppers, and some crunchy pumpkin seeds if desired.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.