slightly super obsessed with the V Street cookbook by Rich Landau & Kate Jacoby right now, and I've been cooking everything in it! The food combinations and flavour profiles are out of this world.
Although I've been vegetarian for 10 years; and almost exclusively plant based for the last three, I never cooked with tofu or any vegan meat or cheese replacements until recently. I don't miss eggs and find it super easy to swap them out in any recipe with one of the many options available; however, I did miss a "Big Boys" breakfast on the weekends.
Problem solved. TOFU - who knew (well, probably all you all, amiright?). I've made some pretty incredible tofu breakfasts since I discovered it a couple months ago, but this combo is spectacular! So, imagine this - crunchy-toasted sourdough, piled high with tender roasted potatoes, creamy curry tofu scramble, and topped with bright and spicy tomato chutney. D E L I C I O U S ! ! !
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Curry Tofu Scramble and Potatoes with Tomato Chutney
Rate this recipe!
- 10 baby potatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons red onions
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tofu block, medium - firm
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric (for colour)
- ½ teaspoon kala namak salt (more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (more to taste)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Prepare the baby potatoes (nuggets) by slicing them into 3 or 4.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic and S&P. Place in a baking dish in the oven and bake until fork tender and golden (~20 minutes). Stir periodically.
- Combine the tomato, cilantro, red onion, ginger, garlic, ketchup, sriracha, olive oil, curry powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the herbs are slightly torn, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once shimmering add the green onions and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, smoked salt, and pepper.
- Cook until heated through - approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Toast 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- I slathered mine with hummus - but that's totally optional.
- Top each toast with roasted potatoes, tofu scramble, a spoonful or two of tomato chutney and fresh, chopped cilantro leaves.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.