Incredibly rich and indulgent, these dark chocolate mocha truffles are super creamy and decadent. Made without eggs or dairy, they are a wonderful and popular vegan dessert during the holidays.
Every now and then, I call a family meeting at the beginning of December and asked everyone to vote on their favourite Christmas goodies. Otherwise, the list gets too long. We're always adding new treats to the long list of old family favourites - so I like to take stock of who's loving what and tighten up the list.
Decadent mocha truffles make the list time and time again, of course!
I've been making these mocha truffles since Baker's created their Chocolate Celebration Cookbook in 1983. I forget the exact circumstances of how I got the recipe cards; but, I think it was a mail-in offer or something where Baker's mailed out a new section each month. The mocha truffles were hands down a family favourite. They still are, but I've veganized them; by trading Miyokos European style cultured butter for butter with no loss of flavour or texture.
These little gems are easy to make, very versatile, and super indulgent. Cream butter, coffee, rum, and pure vanilla together with melted vegan chocolate. Roll in your favourite coating.
This year I rolled some of them in raspberry powder, some in cocoa, some in chocolate cookie crumbs, and dipped a few in melted vegan chocolate which created a beautiful thin layer of crunchy chocolatey goodness. Not going to lie, this took them over the top!
More Vegan Desserts
Sweet tooth? Vegan desserts and baking are incredible. No eggs, no dairy needed!
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Bread - the best banana bread recipe EVER!
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Bar - chocolate peanut butter with a great crunch!
Apple Galette in Puff Pastry - easy, fancy, scrumptious!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Decadent Mocha Truffles Recipe (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- ⅔ cup vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 6 oz chocolate, vegan, melted
- 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla (optional)
- chocolate wafer crumbs*, crushed
- Mix together coffee and rum. The original recipe calls for instant coffee (I've also used a shot of espresso).
In a separate bowl, melt chocolate and let cool slightly.
- Cream butter and icing sugar. Add melted, cooled chocolate, coffee-rum mixture, and vanilla mix well. Chill until firm enough to handle: 3-4 hours.
- Drop mixture by teaspoon measures into crumbs (if using) or use a cookie scoop to form balls. Roll in your favourite coating (eg. raspberry powder, hazelnuts, coconut, cocoa powder, dip in melted chocolate).
- Place truffles on a plate or baking sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate (if desired). Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Store in refrigerator in airtight container. Makes 3-4 dozen truffles. Best served chilled!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.