This 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is the best ever! It's fresh, healthy, chunky, creamy, and ready in a matter of minutes! We love it served with fresh pico de gallo, corn salsa, pita chips, and everything else!!
Is there anything better than a perfect homemade guacamole recipe (aka guac)? Of course, 'perfect' is subjective, and in our family everyone thinks their guacamole recipe is THE BEST. A bit more lime juice, add a splash of lemon juice, bring on the heat, more cilantro, less cilantro, HOLD the cilantro - small differences and preferences; I love ALL their guacamole recipes.
Ingredients for Simple Guacamole
If you ever need a little something extra to elevate a dish, guacamole dip is always the answer. The flavors and texture pair so well with vegan tacos, stuffed sweet potatoes, and a big plate of cheesy vegan nachos.
You'll only need a few high quality ingredients to make this super simple guacamole recipe:
- Avocados - of course! Avocados are the main ingredient in guacamole.
- Limes - fresh is best.
- Jalapeño pepper (optional)
How to Make the Easiest Guacamole
So quick and easy, you can be enjoying homemade guacamole in a matter of minutes. Here's how to make it:
- Slice in half, remove the pit, scoop into a mixing bowl. Gently mash the avocado halves using a fork. Pro Tip: Texture counts, don't over mash and mix the guacamole (you can't unmash an avocado!). Leave some bigger chunks because when you add the lime, cilantro, and onions, the avocados will break down more.
- Mince the onions and cilantro - add to bowl.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice and salt. Mince and add jalapeno if using.
- Stir everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
Expert Tips for making Guacamole
Choosing avocados - choose avocados that are dark green, are soft but not mushy, are free from big soft spots (bruises) and aren't too firm or hard.
Storing avocados - store at room temperature if you are going to use them right away. If they are ripening too quickly, move them to the fridge. Hard or firm avocados need a day or two on the counter. Placing them in a paper bag in a warm spot (like a sunny counter) will also speed along the ripening process a bit.
Texture - make guacamole with room temperature avocados for best results. Guacamole texture is important! In our family, we like it chunky, not too mashed/smooth. It's easy to control the texture simply using a fork.
Guacamole flavor - if the guacamole is bland, add some salt and then some lime. If you like more heat, add more jalapeno or red pepper flakes.
Optional add ins - add a sprinkle of minced jalapeño for a hint of heat (seeds will increase the heat). Minced garlic, cumin and chopped tomatoes are popular additions as well.
Ways to Serve Guacamole
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Simple Guacamole Recipe (easy - only 4 ingredients!)
Rate this recipe!
- fork & bowl
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 2-3 tablespoons white onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons lime, juice (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, (more to taste)
- jalapeno, minced (to taste)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado flesh with a spoon and place in a bowl. Gently mash leaving it pretty chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue mashing and mixing (leave some texture) until desired consistency is met (don't over mash).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. If it's bland, first add more salt, then add more lime.
- Serve immediately with chips and pico or salsa.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.