When two of our favorite flavors collide in the kitchen, pure vegan dinner magic is made! I mean who doesn't love a creamy, spicy noodle bowl? Dairy-free, gluten-free and oil-free adaptable, and super fast and easy to make, these luscious, spicy peanut noodles are an incredible vegan dinner or appetizer!
Why You'll Love This Spicy Vegan Noodle Bowl
- fast and easy to make
- big bold spicy flavors
- delicious as an appie or main course
- made with only a few ingredients
- adaptable - use any nut butter or tahini, go gluten-free or oil-free
- add any veggies you have on hand - mushrooms and cauliflower (tofu) delicious too
- inexpensive to make
- carb lovers dream meal
- everyone loves it - vegan or not
- the leftovers are incredible
Ingredients for Vegan Dan Dan Noodle Bowl
Carbiness- fresh ramen, dry ramen or rice noodles are all great choices.
Spiciness - make these noodles as spicy or tame as you like. Big bold flavor and heat from the Szechuan peppercorns, sriracha, and five-spice powder.
Creaminess - I used peanut butter, but sub in any nut butter or tahini sauce for earthy creaminess. The avocado adds additional light creaminess, flavor, and texture!
Freshness - the addition of cucumbers, carrots, fresh herbs and lime add freshness and lighten the dish up. For pure street-food type indulgence (like late night after partying food), skip the veggies and go straight for saucy spicy carbs!
Let's Make A Noodle Bowl!
This recipe is beyond easy, super fast to throw together, and the results are spectacular. Delicious hot or cold, served fresh or leftover, plain or loaded this versatile dish will not disappoint. Packed with flavour, some heat, super creamy and loads of crunch from the raw veg, this is sure to become your newest addiction too.
- Prepare the noodles.
- Make the Dan Dan sauce in a blender.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Warm the Dan Dan sauce, toss with noodles. Divide evenly among bowls.
- Top with veggies, herbs, and spicy topping.
More Easy Vegan Comfort Food Dinner Ideas
Creamy Rosé Veggie Pasta - fast and incredible this is a family favorite 8 days a week!
Savory Vegetable Chickpea Pancakes - healthy, easy and delicious with epic sauce!
Easy Chickpea Mushroom Bake - easy, vegan comfort food at its very very best!
Did you make my spicy Vegan Dan Dan Noodle Bowl recipe?
If so, giving it a star rating and comment helps others discover my blog and recipes. Thank you so much for your support!
Thanks for sharing your creations! Tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Spicy Vegan Dan Dan Noodle Bowl
- 4 servings rice noodles or ramen, cooked
Dan Dan Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 - 1 ½ tsp sesame oil (skip if oil free)
- ½ tsp Szechuan peppercorns (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
Dan Dan Bowl Ingredients
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 1 large super large carrot, spiralized
- 3 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro leaves, rough chop
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds-hot pepper flake combo
- 4 wedges lime (optional)
- Cook the rice or ramen noodles per package instructions.
- Make vegetable stock (I use this one).
Dan Dan Sauce
- Place all ingredients for Dan Dan Sauce into the cup of a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Slice the green onions, avocado, and limes.
- Rough chop some fresh cilantro.
Spicy Garnish Topping
- In a small dish, mix together 1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and ½ - 1 tsp of hot pepper flakes (to taste).
- Warm the Dan Dan Sauce in a small saucepan until warmed through.Pro Tip: If you have a high power blender like a Vitamix, you can blend it on high (soup setting) until the sauce is warm.
- Toss noodles in a large bowl with half the Dan Dan sauce until coated. Add more as desired. Divide evenly among 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with piles of cucumber, carrots, and avocado slices.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and a sprinkle of the sesame seed-hot pepper flake combo. Tuck in a wedge of lime for serving.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.