When two of our favorite flavors collide in the kitchen, pure vegan dinner magic is made! I mean who doesn't love a creamy, spicy noodle bowl?
Dairy-free, gluten-free, and super fast and easy to make, these spicy peanut noodles are an incredible vegan dinner or appetizer!
Why You'll Love This Noodle Bowl
- fast and easy to make
- big bold spicy flavors
- delicious as an appie or main course
- made with only a few ingredients
- adaptable - use any nut butter or tahini, go gluten-free or oil-free
- add any veggies you have on hand - mushrooms and cauliflower (tofu) delicious too
- inexpensive to make
- carb lovers dream comfort food
- everyone loves it - vegan or not
- the leftovers are incredible
Ingredients for Dan Dan Noodles
Noodles - fresh ramen, dry ramen or rice noodles are all great choices.
Spiciness - make these noodles as spicy or tame as you like. Big bold flavor and heat from the Szechuan peppercorns, sriracha, and five-spice powder.
Freshness - the addition of cucumbers, carrots, fresh herbs and lime add freshness and lighten the dish up. For pure street-food type indulgence (like late night after partying food), skip the veggies and go straight for saucy spicy carbs!
Let's Make A Noodle Bowl!
This recipe is beyond easy, super fast to throw together, and the results are spectacular. Delicious hot or cold, served fresh or leftover, plain or loaded this versatile dish will not disappoint.
- Prepare the noodles as per package directions.
- Make the Dan Dan sauce in a blender - quick and easy.
- Prepare the veggies (spiralize or julienne).
- Warm the Dan Dan sauce, toss with noodles. Divide evenly among bowls.
- Top with veggies, herbs, and spicy topping.
- So simple and delicious! Enjoy.
More Easy Vegan Comfort Food
Creamy Rosé Veggie Pasta - fast and incredible this is a family favorite 8 days a week!
Savory Vegetable Chickpea Pancakes - healthy, easy and delicious with epic sauce!
Easy Chickpea Mushroom Bake - easy, vegan comfort food at its very very best!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Spicy Vegan Dan Dan Noodle Bowl
Rate this recipe!
- 4 servings rice noodles or ramen, cooked
Dan Dan Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 - 1 ½ tsp sesame oil (skip if oil free)
- ½ tsp Szechuan peppercorns (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
Dan Dan Bowl Ingredients
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 1 large super large carrot, spiralized
- 3 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro leaves, rough chop
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds-hot pepper flake combo
- 4 wedges lime (optional)
- Cook the rice or ramen noodles per package instructions.
- Make vegetable stock (I use this one).
Dan Dan Sauce
- Place all ingredients for Dan Dan Sauce into the cup of a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Shred / julienne / spiralize the cucumber and carrots.
- Slice the green onions, avocado, and limes.
- Rough chop some fresh cilantro.
Spicy Garnish Topping
- In a small dish, mix together 1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and ½ - 1 tsp of hot pepper flakes (to taste).
- Warm the Dan Dan Sauce in a small saucepan until warmed through.Pro Tip: If you have a high power blender like a Vitamix, you can blend it on high (soup setting) until the sauce is warm.
- Toss noodles in a large bowl with half the Dan Dan sauce until coated. Add more as desired. Divide evenly among 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with piles of cucumber, carrots, and avocado slices.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and a sprinkle of the sesame seed-hot pepper flake combo. Tuck in a wedge of lime for serving.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.