YUP, it’s vegan, and it’s incredible! Cheesy, crunchy delicious vegan grilled cheese with spicy ketchup and crispy fried pickles.
Ahhh, the perfect, classic, grilled cheese sandwich – ooey, gooey, cheesy goodness sandwiched between two slices of crunchy, perfectly golden crispy sourdough with spicy ketchup dip. What could be better?
My clients always tell me the hardest part about ‘going’ vegan is giving up cheese. I get it. The struggle is real. Somedays, you just want a grilled cheese sammie or a cheesy lasagna. I’m here to tell you that that is totally doable these days with no loss of flavour or texture. Non-dairy cheese has come A LONG way since I’ve been in this game. There are some great companies creating scrumptious dairy-free cheeses with amazing flavour, texture, and melt-ability.
To get the ultimate cheesy flavour in this grilled cheese, I mixed 3 kinds of cheese (all by Black Sheep) mozza, jalapeno, and THE most flavourful-droolworthy parmesan ever. It’s so damn delicious. Have you found the perfect dairy-free cheese in your area yet? Most stores have samples so you can try before you buy. Try mixing a few flavours and textures to get the perfect grilled cheese. OPTION: For an additional layer of creaminess, smear some soft cheese or Vegenaise (or spicy Vegenaise) to the inward facing slice of the bread and continue the recipe as stated.
Can you even believe how amazing this vegan cheese looks? Well, it tastes a thousand times better - NO JOKE! Serve your grilled cheese with these Fried Pickles and Spicy Ketchup to really up your game.
Did you make my Cheesy Vegan Grilled Cheese with Spicy Ketchup recipe? If so, giving it a star rating and comment helps others discover my blog and recipes. Thank you so much for your support!
Thanks for sharing your creations! Tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Perfectly Cheesy Grilled Cheese with Spicy Ketchup
- 1+ cup vegan cheese, assorted
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 4-6 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
Side Order - Fries
- fries (sweet potato or jacket potato)
- If you are making fries, preheat oven and get the fries into the oven - add seasoning salt, S&P, curry or your favorite spice to amp up the flavour.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Grate or rip cheese into shreds and set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of your favourite bread (I love sourdough for the perfect crunch).
- Place butter side down in a hot cast iron or heavy bottom pan. Pile on a variety of your favourite slices or grated cheeses.
- Place a slice of bread on top with butter side facing up and grill on medium to medium-high until brown and toasted.
- *I typically place a piece of parchment paper and another cast iron pan on top of my sammies while they are grilling (optional).
Spicy Ketchup Recipe
- Combine the ketchup, sriracha, and bbq sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Can refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Cut grilled cheese in half or into strips (fingers) and serve with ketchup for dipping.
- Add a serving of crispy fries or juicy fried pickles (recipe here).
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.