Easy, scrumptious, veggie pasta dinner made with cauliflower, eggplant and mushrooms in a rich rustic marinara sauce topped with briny olives and dairy-free parmesan cheese. This is a fantastic everyday vegan dinner idea that the whole family will love.
I love it when one of the kids comes home and calls out, 'Mom, what are you cooking? It smells SO good in here!'. I mean, when the family is beelining it straight to the kitchen to see what you're cooking, you know you're doing something right.
Some nights just call for cozy, comfort food; and when you get that call, this hearty pasta dish is the answer!!!! Packed with flavour from the earthy mushrooms, sweet caramelized cauliflower, meaty eggplant, and rich marinara with extra heft from the elbow pasta, this dish is a perfect stick-to-your-ribs kinda meal. Plus it's quick, easy, and super versatile so it's a great way to use up bits and bobs from the fridge.
The pasta I used was gf and organic, made from brown rice, and super delicious. You could also serve this sauce over brown rice, spaghetti squash or on a baked potato. However you choose to serve it, it's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Did you make my easy, vegan Eggplant Cauliflower pasta recipe?
Leaving a comment and star rating helps others discover my blog and recipes. Thank you so much for your support!
Thanks for sharing your creations! Tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Quick Eggplant Cauliflower Pasta Bowl
- 1 small eggplant, cut into cubes (2 cups)
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into florets (2 cups)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ onion, rough chop
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2+ cups marinara sauce*
- 5-6 olives, chopped
- 1 clump parsley, chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4-6 servings pasta
- 2-4 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese*
- Prepare all veggies as above.
- Place 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic for a couple minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the eggplant, cauliflower, and mushrooms and continue cooking until the eggplant is soft and golden. Season with S&P to taste.
- Add marinara sauce (store-bought, or homemade marinara sauce recipe) and mix to incorporate. Reduce heat and simmer while you are preparing the pasta.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. I used Tinkyada, organic, brown rice, elbows; and it was very delicious (note: I cooked the pasta a few minutes less than directed and it was perfectly al dente).
- Taste sauce again and adjust seasoning as required.
- Toss the hot pasta in the sauce, place on serving dish, garnish with chopped olives, parsley, red pepper flakes, and vegan parmesan*.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.