A zesty, fresh, Italian condiment that's super easy to make and adds a big vibrant punch of flavor and color to any dish. Try it spooned over your favorite soup or pasta, smeared on a sandwich or drizzled over roasted veggies. This is an easy to make, zingy sauce that elevates everyday vegan meals to something extraordinary!
Zesty, herbaceous gremolata is fast and simple to make with a big flavour payoff. Traditionally, Italian gremolata is just minced flat-leaf parsley, lemon zest, and garlic; but I loosen it up a bit with a squeeze of lemon juice, a splash of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt.
Gremolata's flavour profile is bright, fresh, and zesty so it pairs well with a decadent tomato pasta sauce, cheesy pizza, hearty bean soup, crunchy taco, vegan meatball sub sandwich or roasted veggies. We love it on everything!
You've got some creative license when it comes to this condiment/garnish, although classically it is prepared with parsley, garlic, and lemon zest; you can create your own version by swapping out the parsley for mint or cilantro or a combination of fresh herbs. Don't have lemon? Use lime, orange, tangerine or grapefruit juice instead. Whatever flavour combination you come up with, use it as a final flourish, a burst of flavour or to elevate a dish or sandwich to the next level.
I'd love to hear what you come up with and how you use your gremolata.
Did you make this Simple Gremolata Recipe?
If so, giving it a star rating and comment helps others discover my blog and recipes. Thank you so much for your support!
Thanks for sharing your creations! Tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Simple Zesty Gremolata
- 1 bunch parsley, flat leaf, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (to taste)
- ½ lemon, zest
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt, to taste
- Chop flat leaf parsley (small stems are fine).
- Add the peeled garlic cloves and lemon zest to the parsley, and continue chopping until desired consistency.
- Place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch or two of salt - mix to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- OR place parsley, garlic and lemon zest into a food processor and pulse several times. Add the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pulse again until desired consistency but don't over process!.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.