Delicious tofu scramble breakfast bowl supreme. This healthy, protein rich vegan breakfast is easy and delicious - packed with fluffy tofu scramble, vegan maple sausage, crispy roasted potatoes and crunchy sourdough toast.
I never liked eggs. I always hated the texture. If I was made to eat one, it had to be cooked until it was unrecognizable. Why bother, right!
So when I changed my diet to vegetarian/vegan, I didn't miss eggs AT ALL. Funnily enough, I am a breakfast gal tho. So imagine my delight when I discovered tofu (late - very late - into my vegan journey)!!
Tofu is like magic to a vegan. A delicious protein-rich vegan egg replacement.
Need a vegan meat alternative for a rice bowl or noodle bowl? A crumble for tacos? A spicy peanut satay lettuce wrap? A cheese cake, sauce or dessert? Need a scramble for your weekend breakfast? TOFU is the answer!
Tofu gets a bit of a bad rap. I'm not going to lie, I was leery of it at first too! But that all changed once I learned how to season and cook tofu. It's healthy, filling, flavourful, protein packed, super affordable meat replacement. It takes on any seasoning you're craving and there are loads of textures to choose from creamy to dense. I like medium firmness for tofu scramble, it scrambles up fluffier and creamier.
Basic tofu scramble is quick and easy to make. It's delicious served on sourdough toast with spicy ketchup, wrapped in a tortilla with salsa and avocado slices or as served as a breakfast hash.
On the weekends I serve tofu scramble with all the fixings: leftover potato hash (or these roasted Greek potatoes), sausage patties (I love Gardein and Beyond Meat sausage), spinach and leeks, avocado slices or guacamole, toasted sourdough, and spicy ketchup. Then I drizzled cashew cream and sriracha over everything.
Vegan Sauces & Drizzles
If you're saucy like I am, try some of these incredible vegan sauces drizzled over your tofu scramble:
- Sweet and Spicy Tahini - truly addictive.
- Spicy Tex-Mex Enchilada Sauce - smoky bold flavors.
- Vegan Queso Cheese Sauce - smoky, cheesy and delicious.
- Tex-Mex Cashew Cream - light and fresh with Mexican spices.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Vegan Tofu and Potato Breakfast Scramble
Rate this recipe!
- 1 350 g tofu block, medium-firm
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kala Namak salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric (optional for colour)
- 1-3 cooked potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup leaks, sliced or chopped red onion
- 1 cup spinach, ribbons
- S&P to taste
Tex Mex Cashew Cream Recipe
- chopped tomatoes or salsa
- cilantro, chopped
- green onions, sliced
- avocado slices or guacamole
- vegan sausage patties
- cashew cream / drizzle recipe link below
- sriracha hot sauce
- spicy ketchup recipe link below
- I don't worry about pressing tofu for my scrambles, but if you like a firm tofu texture, wrap the block in some paper towels and stack a couple heavy cookbooks on top while you prepare the other ingredients (or choose firm tofu).
- Medium firmness tofu or medium firm is good for tofu scramble as it produces a fluffy, creamy result.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat (if oil free, skip the oil). Crumble the tofu and add to the hot pan.
- Season with Kala Namak salt, black pepper, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and turmeric. *Turmeric - typically added for colour, turmeric does not add any noticeable flavour but it adds a big nutritional benefit.
- Let the tofu heat up unstirred for a couple minutes while the water evaporates which will naturally release the tofu from the pan. Then stir while the tofu heats through.
- Add a splash of milk if the tofu is sticking and for a fluffier texture.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust as desired.
HASH BROWNS (aka fried potatoes)
- Add 1 tbsp of oil or butter to a skillet (or if oil free, use a non-stick skillet and a splash of water as needed to prevent sticking).
- Saute garlic, leeks/onions, and cubed cooked potatoes* over medium-high heat. Add S&P and a splash of water or broth and cover the pan. Check and stir frequently until golden brown. *I use leftover baked potatoes or boiled potatoes for fast and easy hash browns. You can also use your favourite store-bought hash browns.
- Stir in the spinach ribbons for the last minute or two. Remove from heat.
VEGAN BREAKFAST PATTY (optional)
- Gardein breakfast patties are a family favorite. Cook them on the stove or in the oven while the potatoes are cooking.
Vegan Sauces + Drizzles
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add a piece of toasted sourdough (or warm tortilla), a breakfast patty, a pile of tofu scramble and a big helping of potatoes to a bowl or plate.
- Drizzle with cashew cream and sriracha. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes (or salsa), sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, avocado slices or guacamole, and a side of spicy ketchup.
- Spicy Ketchup recipe (optional)
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.