If there were ever a pasta to crave, this is it! This simple sauce is made with fresh tomatoes, basil, lots of garlic, and olive oil. Slow roasting intensifies and concentrates the flavors but leaves the tomatoes meaty and juicy. Tossed with hot pasta and topped with vegan feta crumbles, these tomatoes are epic!
Keep reading for all the details, storage, leftovers, and more ideas for using these extraordinary and super simple tomatoes . . .
This recipe is an old standby in our family. It's a super easy, fuss-free recipe that's super versatile (the recipe is forgiving - don't worry too much about the exact measurements - it always turns out!).
Sunday afternoons are my favorite day for slow cooking cause the house smells incredible all day long!
Why You'll LOVE these Roasted Tomatoes
- Simple recipe made with only a few ingredients.
- Inexpensive to make.
- Versatile - amazing in pasta on pizza, sandwiches, and so much more.
- Stores well for several weeks in the fridge.
- Flavor Options - add oregano or za'atar.
- Healthy, nourishing and ultra flavorful!
Slow Roasted Tomatoes - superb flavor!
This is truly one of my favourite recipes. It's so easy to make yet the flavour is so complex. The tomatoes are meaty and juicy and the long roasting time intensifies the flavors of the tomatoes, garlic and basil. So succulently delicious. Serve with a side of buttery soft garlic breadsticks for the perfect Italian meal!
Let's Make a Simple Vegan Pasta!
Use fresh tomatoes like roma or cocktail size. Slice the tomatoes, place cut side up in roasting dish.
Spoon some of the garlic, oil, basil, mixture on each tomato.
That's it for several hours. Right before serving, make pasta of choice and sprinkle with vegan feta cheese!
Leftover Slow Roasted Tomato Ideas
Make a big batch of tomatoes because they are not just for pasta!
Serve this appetizer at your next family gathering and watch everyone devour them:
Toast a few slices of sourdough bread or baguette. Smear with a thick layer of whipped feta, a a few roasted tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic reduction. This flavor bomb is a fabulous vegan appetizer or snack that everyone loves - vegan or not!
Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes (with feta cheese)
Vegan Greek Salad - crunchy, healthy, bright, and zesty salad (plus full meal option!)
Fast Fresh Spinach and Tomato Fettuccine - ultimate vegan comfort food for summer!
Mediterranean Bowl with Greek Potatoes - authentic Greek tender crispy roast potatoes!!!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - none better! I always need a sweet after dinner!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Slow Roasted Tomato Pasta with Vegan Feta
Rate this recipe!
- 2-3 lbs tomatoes
- 8 small garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp S&P (to taste)
- 1 tsp dry oregano, za'atar (optional)
- 3-4 servings pasta (penne, rotini or similar)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (vegan)
- hot pepper flakes
- 2-4 leaves basil, cut into ribbons
Slow Roasting the Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Slice tomatoes in half (cocktail, plum, roma, etc), place cut side up in a greased ovenproof pan.
- Stir together the garlic, basil, olive oil, and optional oregano/za-atar in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture on each tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Flavor Option: Add a sprinkle of oregano or za'atar.
- Bake for 2-3 hours or more (depending on size of tomatoes and how hot your oven runs) until withered and edges are browned. The larger the tomatoes, the longer they will roast.
Cooking the Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pro Tip: choose penne or rotini so the delicious garlicky bits of sauce and feta get caught in the crooks of the pasta.
Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese Recipe
- Buy your favorite brand of vegan feta or try this homemade feta cheese recipe. It's easy and it's incredible!
- Toss the hot pasta with the slow roasted tomatoes and top with crumbled feta. Garnish with sliced fresh basil ribbons and hot pepper flakes.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.