A spicy, saucy, easy to make vegan everyday meal. Bursting with flavor, these protein packed bowls are healthy, tasty, gluten-free, oil-free friendly and 100% vegan. Super adaptable and easy to make, everyone loves these rice bowls (and sauce!) - vegan or not!
Buddha bowl, nourish bowl, power bowl, leftover bowl - whatever you call it, it's my favourite week night (or any night) meal. I love bowls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - they are so easy, healthy, and filling. Plus bowls are versatile and easy to build especially if you have a few days of leftovers in your fridge. And there's nothing more satisfying than repurposing leftovers, and then sitting back while everyone is raving about it #superstar!!!
Here's the 411 on these tasty bowls: Choose your favourite bean (black, kidney, chickpea, lentils, etc.), a leafy green (spinach, kale, rocket, butter, chard), and a grain (rice, quinoa, barley, buckwheat).
I like to incorporate some baked veggies too - it bumps up the satiation level me. For this bowl, I used cauliflower and sweet potatoes, but use anything you and your family like (broccoli, carrots, parsnips, baby potatoes, corn, beets, brussels, cabbage to name a few).
Then comes the good stuff, the garnishes! Try avocado slices, tomato halves, cucumber ribbons, chopped celery, sweet bell pepper strips, hemp hearts, nuts or seeds (pistachio, almond, pumpkin), and red pepper flakes or sriracha drizzles.
Warm garlicky, cashew cream is so delicious on the nutty brown rice. Or choose your favourite dressing (like this easy delicious Super Scrumptious Slaw dressing), drizzle (we love Follow Your Heart Miso Ginger), salsa, pesto or hummus .
Another great thing about these bowls is anything goes. Choose a flavour profile (Mexican, Thai, Italian, Greek, etc) or base it on the veggies or leftovers you have on hand. Plus, it's easy to please everyone (what!?), just put all the ingredients out in bowls, and let the family build their own.
More Vegan Bowl Recipes
Rice bowls are great for weeknight meals - especially if you meal prep or have bits and bobs of leftovers from the week. The hardest part is deciding which yummy vegan sauce to use!!!
Vegan Sushi Bowl Ideas - this bowl is spectacular and the sauces are incredible.
Spicy Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowl - everyone is converted to a tofu lover at first bite!
Tofu Taco Bowl - easy family favorite on weekly rotation!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Spicy Taco Buddha Bowl
Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup rice, brown or white
- ½ head cauliflower florets (3-4 cups)
- ½ large sweet potato, cubed (1-2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning*
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1-2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salad greens*
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2-3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup cashew cream, any flavour*
Rice + Prep
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare rice/grain as per directions (or use leftovers if you have them).
- Make cashew cream recipe or any sauce/drizzle.
- Wash, peel (if desired) and cut sweet potatoes and cauliflower into appropriate sizes so they cook at the same rate.
- Use any vegetables (great way to use up leftovers or food scraps) - broccoli, brussel sprouts, mini potatoes, and carrots work well too!
- Place veggies on prepared sheet pan, drizzle 1 tbsp of oil and taco seasoning or store-bought taco seasoning. Toss to incorporate.
- Arrange into a single layer on the baking sheet and place in oven for ~20 minutes (flip at 10 minutes) or until tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic and onions in 2 tsp oil over medium heat until fragrant (5-8 minutes).
- Add the beans, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with S&P. Stir together until warmed through. Remove from heat and place in serving dish.
Additional Bowl Ingredients
- Prepare the additional bowl ingredients eg. tomatoes, avocados, etc.
Putting It All Together
- Place greens in a bowl, then a pile of rice, a pile of beans, a pile of baked veggies, fresh vegetables, sprinkle with garnishes, and drizzle with sauce.
- For buffet style: put each component in its own dish on the table, give everyone a bowl, and enjoy the chaos!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.
This is a killer recipe - I eat it for all 3 meals! I love how you display it beautifully in the bowl, then mix it up when you eat it.
Delicious recipe. Loved it all and the cashew cream was terrific! Thanks for such a great recipe.
So happy you enjoyed it, Mary!