These spicy, Sriracha cauliflower nuggets are super easy to make and are delicious dipped in ranch as a vegan appetizer or added to tacos for dinner!
I'm slightly (extremely) addicted to cauliflower (it's so versatile!) and this recipe for large nuggets is my current obsession. Tender and slightly sweet on the inside and super crunchy and spicy on the outside. The combination is dynamite!
Here's How to Make Spicy Cauliflower Wings
CAULIFLOWER: Wash and pat dry the cauliflower then cut/break the head into florets. I keep the florets on the bigger size so they retain some firmness then when you eat them, you get a good substantial and super satisfying bite.
BAKING SHEET: Cover a large baking sheet with parchment or whatever your usual preparation is.
DIPPING STATION: Set up 3 bowls as follows. One with plant-based milk, one with flour and spices, one with panko and spices.
Dip the cauliflower florets in the milk (shake off excess liquid), dip in the flour mixture, milk again, and then panko. Place the florets on the prepared baking sheet (not touching). Continue until all florets are used or your baking sheet is full.
Place the cauliflower in the preheated oven as per the directions. While the cauliflower wings are baking, pour the sriracha (or Buffalo or your favourite hot sauce) into a bowl (add melted butter if using). When the cauliflower is baked, either dip them into the hot sauce or brush them with hot sauce. Then back into the oven as directed.
Delicious Recipes for Spicy Cauliflower Wings
These delicious spicy cauliflower nuggets are amazing dipped into blue cheese dressing served as a vegan appetizer. And equally delicious in these sriracha nugget tacos, this spicy taco buddha bowl, tucked into a burrito or as a topping for vegan pizza.
I hope you enjoy these as much as our family does.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Spicy Sriracha Cauliflower Nuggets
Rate this recipe!
- 1 head cauliflower, medium florets
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1-2 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 cups panko crumbs*
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅓ cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º FCut and trim cauliflower into medium florets. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Set up Dipping Station with 3 Bowls: 1 cup plant-based milk, 1 cup flour (add garlic and onion powder, S&P), 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs mixed with ½ tsp turmeric (for colour - optional). Dip floret into milk, then flour, then milk, then panko. Place dipped cauliflower on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425F for 12-18 minutes until golden - but still a bit firm.
- After golden, brush with sriracha mixture below. Back into the oven for 5-8 minutes at 425º F. I broiled mine for the last 2 minutes. If you do, stay close and keep your eyes on the florets.
- SRIRACHA SAUCE⅓ cup sriracha2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
* Keep the cauliflower florets similar in size so they cook at the same rate.
* I keep the florets around a two-bite (in polite company) size so they have some toothsomeness. HOT SAUCE:
* I used Sriracha hot sauce but you can easily substitute Buffalo hot sauce or whatever your favourite sauce is.
* If you are oil free, you can easily skip the butter in the hot sauce without even noticing. COOKING METHOD:
* Instead of baking, use an air fryer for cooking the wings if you have one!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.