Loaded baked potatoes are always a big hit at our house. They are easy to make, super delicious, satisfying for all eaters (vegan or not), and are incredibly filling. It's like a tasty vegan buffet on a baked potato - great way to use up leftovers too!!!! You're going to love these vegan baked potatoes, I'm sure of it!
There's just something so satisfying about a baked potato stuffed with all your favourite things. We love them because they are simple and fuss free to make on busy weeknights. Plus it's a great way to use up leftover veggies.
I just pop a few potatoes in the oven to bake, bring out the leftovers, make a quick slaw, and then pile them on top. This is healthy, vegan comfort food at its best, and a family favorite for sure!
When I serve stuffed baked potatoes, I set everything out like a baked potato buffet so everyone can customize their own baked potato. Here's our go-to veggie packed baked potato combo:
- jacket potatoes - baked in the oven or air fryer
- baked tray vegetables - we like broccoli and cauliflower but often use leftover baked or grilled veggies
- beans - beans or chili style beans. I usually add BBQ sauce, chili powder and sriracha for extra flavor
- optional veggies - cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks, green onion slices
- creamy slaw - 5 minute vegan slaw
- cashew sauce - smoky chipotle cashew cream or sriracha cashew cream
How to Make Baked Potatoes
Baked Potatoes - Bake potatoes until soft when gently squeezed. About 40 minutes (you can par cook in the microwave if you are pressed for time then finish in the oven). Alternatively, you can bake a sweet potato if you prefer.
Baked Vegetables - break cauliflower and broccoli into bite-size florets, season as per your taste preference, and bake on a sheet pan for ~25 minutes.
Saucy Beans - use leftovers or grab a tin of your favorite beans in sauce, pour them into a saucepan over medium heat, add some smoky bbq sauce, a squirt of sriracha or chipotle tabasco, and a few teaspoons of chili powder for extra flavor.
Cashew Cream - the luscious, dairy-free cashew cream pulls all the smoky, bbq, spicy, tangy flavors together. I usually make a Tex-Mex cashew cream. This takes under 5 minutes! Leftovers store nicely in the fridge for up to a week. Another quick and delicious sauce to drizzle is this Sweet and Spicy Tahini Sauce!
The Rest - tomatoes and avocado chunks add extra color and texture. Green onions are non-negotiable in our house because they pair so deliciously with soft buttery baked potatoes and the cashew cream! Dairy-free slaw is quick, fresh, crunchy, and tangy - it makes the perfect topper for these stuffed vegan baked potatoes.
The options and combinations for stuffed vegan baked potatoes are endless. Some of our favorites include BBQ jackfruit stuffed potatoes. Indian stuffed potatoes using leftover Spicy Chana Masala with cashew cream as well as Lentil Mushroom Bolognese stuffed potatoes which was incredible. Yum!
More Vegan Dinner Ideas
Here's a few more vegan dinner ideas that are kid and family approved:
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Stuffed Baked Potatoes (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- 4 jacket potatoes, baked
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in half (optional)
Baked Sheet Pan Vegetables
- ½ large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-2 cups broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil (if using)
- ½ large lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, more to taste
- ½ cup Tex-Mex cashew cream
- 1 cup baked beans
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups creamy slaw recipe
Optional Add Ins
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, chunks
Potatoes (jacket or sweet)
- Preheat oven to 400º F (can put the heat up to 425º F).
- Wash jacket potatoes, pierce several time with a fork, and place in oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until soft when squeezed.
- Pro Tip: If pressed for time, you can par cook the potatoes in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high (don't forget to pierce them first!). Then finish them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- OR Sweet Potatoes if you prefer: Wash sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, season the cut side with lime juice, a sprinkle of cinnamon and cumin and place cut side down on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Cook for until fork tender (about 20 - 25 minutes depending on size).
Baked Sheet Pan Vegetables
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower and broccoli into florets. Toss with 1 tablespoon of oil (or a splash of lemon if oil free) and taco seasoning or seasoning of your choice.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.Place in oven until tender, around 20- 25 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Slice green onions (tomatoes and avocados if using). Make slaw.
- Beans in Sauce - to amp up the flavor, pour a tin of beans in tomato sauce into a small saucepan, add ¼ cup smoky bbq sauce (to taste), a generous squirt of sriracha sauce and a couple teaspoons of chili powder. Cook over medium heat until bubbling. Remove from heat.
Putting it All Together
- Split the baked potatoes open, add butter, bbq beans, roasted vegetables, cashew cream and green onions. Top with slaw (tomatoes & avocados if using).
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.