Smoky, Saucy Jackfruit Sliders with creamy crunchy slaw and grilled pineapple slices are easy to make, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and supremely delicious! No Joke!
Tropically-inspired sliders that are pure perfection. The sweet, warm pineapple on a crispy, toasted bun piled high with tangy, spicy jackfruit and a big scoop of creamy slaw is unbelievable.
Are you a pineapple lover? I love fresh pineapple - and it has a lot going for it. It's tangy, sweet, and juicy. It is amazing raw and delicious grilled! It's packed full of nutrients, fiber, enzymes, and antioxidants, and it's scrumptious!
This recipe is great for children as they love to gobble up the pineapple - it's like dessert for dinner! I have served this many times and haven't met anyone who doesn't love them.
Recipe Notes and Tips
Use any type of bun or slider for this recipe from soft dinner rolls or hamburger bun to multi-grain crusty rolls or pretzel bun.
For an express version, use your favorite ready-made BBQ sauce thinned out with a splash of water or broth and a squeeze of sriracha. Add to jackfruit then let it simmer and reduce until saucy and a bit sticky.
For a speedy version of the slaw, buy pre-shredded cabbage/coleslaw.
More Jackfruit Recipes
Jackfruit is a wonderful vegan meat replacement. It adds lots of texture to vegan recipes and takes on any big bold flavors.
- Jackfruit Taco with Tropical Slaw
- Sweet and Spicy Jackfruit Buddha Bowl
- BBQ Pulled Porkless Burger
- Baked Potato Bar instead of beans (family favorite!).
BBQ Jackfruit Sliders Recipe with Creamy Crunchy Slaw
Rate this recipe!
- 1 tin jackfruit in brine, pulled apart
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut or neutral oil)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 - 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated (about 1 teaspoon)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 cups shredded cabbage or bag of slaw
- ¼ cup Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
- 3-4 tablespoons pickle juice or white vinegar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar or maple syrup
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
- pinch hot pepper flakes
Grilled Pineapple Slices
- 4 pineapple slices
- Rinse the jackfruit then wrap in a kitchen towel or paper towelling and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Remove and discard the large seeds and pods.
- Pull the pieces of jackfruit apart. Chop any hard cores.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a skillet over medium to high heat. Once shimmering, add the prepared jackfruit and stirfry until it starts to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, combine all BBQ sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour ⅔ of the BBQ Sauce over the golden jackfruit. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer while the sauce reduces. Stir it frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add all sauce ingredients, reduce heat to medium and let simmer while the sauce reduces.
- Shred cabbage using a sharp knife or mandoline (or buy pre-shredded cabbage/coleslaw).
- Mix all slaw sauce ingredients together in a bowl and toss with shredded cabbage.
Grilled Fresh Pineapple
- Peel and slice a fresh pineapple into medium thick slices.
- Place in a skillet/grill pan over medium-high heat. Warm pineapple slices until caramelized on each side (a few minutes each side) or grill the slices on the BBQ.
Putting it All Together
- Cut 4-6 slider buns in half and toast them in the oven or on the grill.
- Add a slice of warm pineapple, a scoop of BBQ jackfruit, and a pile of slaw to each bun. Enjoy!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.