This delicious vegan tofu potato breakfast bowl is fancy enough for guests but also quick enough to make for every day!
It's great for using up leftover potatoes from the week or tomatoes that are a bit too soft for salads or sandwiches. The tomatoes turn sweet and juicy in the oven and are irresistible with the garlic-basil flavours. I'm addicted to these warm, garlicky-thyme roasted potatoes straight out of the oven and you will be too! Make a big batch so there's lots to share.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Tofu Potato Breakfast Bowl
Rate this recipe!
- 10-12 small potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 stems fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
- 6-10 cocktail size tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-6 basil leaves, medium
- ½ package tofu, medium firmness
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or onion powder)
- ¼ tsp turmeric for colour
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1-2 cups kale, ribbons
- 1 tsp oil (can use water)
- hot pepper flakes, S&P, to taste
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 400F
Cut potatoes into 4, place in oven proof baking dish. Add olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper and mix to incorporate. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes until they are golden and soft.
- Place around a cup of tomatoes (use cherry tomatoes if you don't have the cocktail size) in a baking dish with olive oil, S&P and basil. I did not cut the tomatoes; but if they are too big, just cut them and proceed as per instructions. Place dish of tomatoes in the oven next to the potatoes for 15-20 minutes.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, 4 sliced green onions (save 2 for garnish), turmeric and S&P in frying pan over medium-high heat - let the spices and onions cook for a minute of so - add in the tofu breaking it up with a spoon as you stir it. Cook until you are happy with the consistency (~5 minutes). Test and adjust the spices to taste. Reduce the heat or remove from heat and set aside.
- Check on the potatoes and give them a stir to incorporate all those delicious flavours.
- Place torn spinach and ribbons of kale in a hot pan with a tbsp of water (optional: use olive oil) (I'm a garlic gal so I also add a clove of minced garlic here) S&P and hot pepper flakes and let it wilt - this happens quickly. Remove from heat.
- Putting it all together:
In your favourite bowl (or on a serving platter if you are sharing), make piles of the tofu scramble, oven roasted potatoes, spinach-kale, and roasted tomatoes top with avocado slices, more green onion, and hot pepper flakes.
Serve with toasted sourdough bread (good with hummus too!) or if you are on the go, wrap this in a tortilla and take it with you!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.