Homemade Vegan Nachos recipe with layers of crunchy corn chips, nacho cheese sauce, chunks of plant-based chipotle sausage, guacamole, pico, beans and plenty more. These nachos are a full meal deal (vegetarian, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, flavourful!!!).
Baked in the oven with vegan sausage and smothered with the most incredible oil-free vegan queso cheese sauce, these vegan nachos are supreme!
There's nothing I like better than diving into a big plate of homemade nachos on a Friday night. We make ALL the toppings so it's like a gourmet feast in every bite.
We love them because they are hot, crunchy, tangy, spicy, creamy, hearty, cheesy, and messy! What are you waiting for - dig in!
Essentials for Vegan Nachos
There are two stars when it comes to nachos, chips and cheese, am I right? This is probably why I get this question A LOT: "Are nachos vegan?" The answer is YESSSSS! Here's what we use to build the best vegan nachos ever!
Crunch Factor - the foundation for building incredible vegan nachos supreme!
I love this gluten-free, non gmo, organic corn, vegan brand - Que Pasa Food Salted Tortilla. Perfectly crunchy, salty, and scoop-able. Because trust me, you're going to want a big sturdy chip so you don't miss a morsel. I mean they are the vehicle that gets all that creamy, spicy, cheesy, meaty buffet to your mouth one scoop at a time. So a sturdy chip that will hold up and stay crunchy is a must!
Vegan Meat Replacement - for a full meal deal, make it meaty (vegan of course)! My favourite is the Field Roast Chipotle Sausages for our nachos. But you could also choose Beyond Meat Brat Original Sausages broken into chunks, Gardein Beefless Ground, or bbq Lightlife Veggie Chick'n Tenders,
Cheesy Goodness - warm and spicy, vegan queso cheese sauce, TexMex Cashew Cream or your favourite vegan cheese shreds all add that creamy, cheesy, saucy deliciousness that's essential for a big plate of yummy, messy nachos.
Guacamole or avocado chunks - creamy, chunky homemade guacamole recipe that's ready in a flash.
Pico De Gallo - add a punch of tang and freshness with juicy Pico De Gallo or just sprinkle a handful of chopped tomatoes.
I like to set out all the extras then let everyone dig in to customize their own heaping plate of nachos!
Make it Spicy & Smoky - add a splash of chipotle Tabasco or drizzle of sriracha hot sauce. Chop up some smoky adobo peppers or pickled jalapenos to sprinkle over top.
Sprinkles on Top - try black beans or refried beans, corn, black olives, green onions, and chopped cilantro.
Vegan Queso Cheese Sauce
This vegan queso cheese sauce is super flavourful, thick, and creamy; and it's really easy to make.
Roast the red peppers, sweat the skin, and peel. Time Saving Tip: Make extras and freeze them for next time!
Everything gets blitzed in the blender until creamy and smooth. Then a few minutes on the stove to turns it into a thick, beautiful, cheesy, silky, pourable nacho cheese sauce. Super fast, super easy, super worth it. EVERYONE loves this vegan queso cheese sauce.
If you are lucky enough to have queso leftover, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It stores well for 4 or 5 days and reheats nicely.
Did you make my Vegan Nachos Recipe? If so, giving it a star rating and comment helps others discover my blog and recipes.
Thank you so much for your support!
I love seeing your creations so tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Deluxe Vegan Nachos with Sausage and Queso
- 1 recipe queso cheese sauce*
- ½ cup TexMex cashew cream (optional)
- 2-3 Gardein vegan sausage links*
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed (or refried beans)
- garlic, cumin, S&P, lime juice
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 2-4 jalapenos, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1-2 avocado, sliced (or guacamole)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- sour cream, vegan (optional)
- cilantro, chopped
- 8 cups restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups dairy-free cheese, grated (optional)
- Make your cheese sauce first and let it simmer so it can be drizzled hot.
Vegan Meat (Gardein Sausage, Chick'n Tenders, Beefless Crumbles)
- Cook your choice of vegan meat as per package instructions. We enjoy the Gardein chipotle sausage which is spicy and has great texture. Either fry the sausage whole and then cut into chunks or bread into chunks and then fry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Corn - the corn is lovely if you quick fry it with a drizzle of olive oil, a minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper. But any cooked corn adds great flavour and texture.
Cooking the Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Cover baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up.
- On a large baking sheet sprinkle a single layer of the tortilla chips, grated cheese (optional), black beans, and vegan meat. Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle liberally with hot queso cheese sauce. Layer on all the toppings. Finish with more hot queso, sour cream (or TexMex), green onions, sriracha, lime wedges, and cilantro.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.