These nachos are LOADED with flavor and crunch, stuffed with everything from sausage and beans, melted cheese, creamy spicy queso, guacamole and juicy pico de gallo - it doesn't get any better than this on game day or any day!!!
Bring on the vegan nachos sausage supreme (and some extra napkins) and get ready to dig in - everyone loves these nachos, they are very shareable.
There's nothing I like better than diving into a big plate of homemade nachos on a Friday date night or Sunday game day. We make ALL the toppings so it's like a gourmet feast in every bite.
We love them because they are hot, crunchy, spicy, meaty, hearty, cheesy, and messy! Go make a big plate of your own and dig in!
Ingredients: Vegan Nachos
Can vegans eat nachos? The answer is YESSSSS! Here's what you'll need to build the best loaded vegan nachos with sausage and cheese ever!
Crunch Factor - CHIPS are the foundation for building incredible vegan nachos supreme!
I love these gluten-free, organic corn chips - Que Pasa Food Salted Tortilla. Perfectly crunchy, salty, and scoop-able. Because trust me, you're going to want a big sturdy chip so you don't miss a morsel. I mean they are the vehicle that gets all that creamy, spicy, cheesy, meaty buffet to your mouth one scoop at a time.
A sturdy chip that will hold up and stay crunchy is a must!
Vegan Meat Replacement - make it meaty (vegan of course)! My favourite sausage is the Field Roast Chipotle Sausages for our nachos. But we've also tried Beyond Meat Brat Original Sausages broken into chunks, Gardein Beefless Ground, bbq Lightlife Veggie Chick'n Tenders or even spicy tofu crumbles.
Cheesy Goodness - warm and spicy, vegan queso cheese sauce, TexMex Cashew Cream or your favourite vegan cheese shreds all add that creamy, cheesy, saucy deliciousness that's essential for a big plate of nachos.
Guacamole or avocado chunks - creamy, chunky homemade guacamole that's ready in 5 minutes.
Pico De Gallo - add a punch of tang and freshness with quick and easy Pico De Gallo or just sprinkle a handful of chopped tomatoes.
I like to set out all the extra toppings then let everyone dig in to customize their own heaping plate of nachos!
Smother It - add a dollop of sour cream, Tex-Mex Cashew cream, Sweet and Spicy Tahini Sauce or Tex-Mex Dressing - any combination or all!
Make it Spicy & Smoky - add a splash of chipotle Tabasco or drizzle of sriracha hot sauce. Chop up some smoky adobo peppers or pickled jalapenos to sprinkle over top.
Sprinkles on Top - try black beans or refried beans, charred corn, black olives, green onions or chopped cilantro.
How to make vegan Queso
This easy to make vegan queso cheese sauce is loaded with flavor! It's super thick and creamy, we love it drizzled over our rice bowls, pizzas, tacos and potatoes.
- Roast the red peppers until charred. To sweat the red pepper skins making them easier to peel, place a bowl over the hot peppers while they cool or cover them with a kitchen towel or place them in a paper bag until cool. Pro Tip: Make extras and freeze them for next time!
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and cook over medium heat - the sauce will become thick, silky, cheesy, pourable nacho cheese sauce.
- Super quick and easy and totally worth it. EVERYONE loves this vegan queso cheese.
If you are lucky enough to have any queso leftover, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It stores well for 4 or 5 days and reheats nicely.
More Ways to Serve Vegan Queso
Leftover queso is fabulous and versatile. Here's a few more ways to serve it:
- On potatoes - stuffed baked potatoes, taco stuffed sweet potatoes
- For breakfast (or dinner) - tofu scramble
- Elevate tacos - Quick Easy Meaty Tacos, Loaded Mushroom Tacos
- Buddha Bowls - Simple Vegan Rice Bowl, Spicy Taco Buddha Bowl
- As a dip - with garlicky breadsticks and homemade marinara sauce
Did you make this recipes? I'd love to see it!
Tag me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook!
Thank you for sharing my recipes with your family and friends!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Deluxe Vegan Nachos with Sausage and Queso
Rate this recipe!
- 1 recipe queso cheese sauce*
- ½ cup TexMex cashew cream (optional)
- 2-3 Gardein vegan sausage links*
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed (or refried beans)
- garlic, cumin, S&P, lime juice
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 2-4 jalapenos, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1-2 avocado, sliced (or guacamole)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- sour cream, vegan (optional)
- cilantro, chopped
- 8 cups restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups dairy-free cheese, grated (optional)
Simple Vegan Queso Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Make your cheese sauce first and let it simmer so it can be drizzled hot.
Vegan Meat (Gardein Sausage, Chick'n Tenders, Beefless Crumbles)
- Cook your choice of vegan meat as per package instructions. We enjoy the Gardein chipotle sausage which is spicy and has great texture. Either fry the sausage whole and then cut into chunks or bread into chunks and then fry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Corn - the corn is lovely if you quick fry it with a drizzle of olive oil, a minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper. But any cooked corn adds great flavour and texture.
- Chop tomatoes*, slice green onions, black olives, jalapeno, and avocado*, chop the cilantro.*if you LOVE pico de gallo, make this super fast and tangy Pico de Gallo recipe.*for creamy, delicious guacamole, make this quick and easy recipe (Guacamole).
Cooking the Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Cover baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up.
- On a large baking sheet sprinkle a single layer of the tortilla chips, grated cheese (optional), black beans, and vegan meat. Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle liberally with hot queso cheese sauce. Layer on all the toppings. Finish with more hot queso, sour cream (or TexMex), green onions, sriracha, lime wedges, and cilantro.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.
We made these for a snack on the weekend and they were delicious. The cheese sauce is fantastic. These are going to be a staple for super bowl snacks. Beer and nachos, YUM!
Thank you! Happy to like it!