Spicy Sriracha Cauliflower Nuggets
Servings: 4 people
- 1 head cauliflower, medium florets
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1-2 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 cups panko crumbs*
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅓ cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted (optional)
Preheat oven to 425º FCut and trim cauliflower into medium florets. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set up Dipping Station with 3 Bowls: 1 cup plant-based milk, 1 cup flour (add garlic and onion powder, S&P), 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs mixed with ½ tsp turmeric (for colour - optional). Dip floret into milk, then flour, then milk, then panko. Place dipped cauliflower on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425F for 12-18 minutes until golden - but still a bit firm. After golden, brush with sriracha mixture below. Back into the oven for 5-8 minutes at 425º F. I broiled mine for the last 2 minutes. If you do, stay close and keep your eyes on the florets. SRIRACHA SAUCE⅓ cup sriracha2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional) CAULIFLOWER:
* Keep the cauliflower florets similar in size so they cook at the same rate.
* I keep the florets around a two-bite (in polite company) size so they have some toothsomeness.
* I used Sriracha hot sauce but you can easily substitute Buffalo hot sauce or whatever your favourite sauce is.
* If you are oil free, you can easily skip the butter in the hot sauce without even noticing.
* Instead of baking, use an air fryer for cooking the wings if you have one!