Roasted Red Pepper Harissa sauce is quick, rich, bursting with flavour and a little kick of spice in a tangle of pasta.
It's a perfect vegan weeknight meal that's extra delicious leftover the next day.
If you love my Best Romesco Sauce, you'll go crazy for this Roasted Red Pepper Harissa Pasta dish. It's everything that rich, decadent Spanish Romesco brings to the table with an added richness from sun-dried tomatoes and a nice kick of spicy heat from the Harissa.
This tasty and versatile sauce is sure to elevate your next pasta, pizza, tacos, baked potatoes, fries or any roasted veggies and rice bowl. No matter what you eat it with, this sauce takes it over the top.
It comes together quickly and this sauce packs a lot of punch! Serve it on hot pasta with crusty bread and a green salad for an effortless, week night meal. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Roasted Red Pepper Harissa Pasta (easy + vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- 1-2 red peppers, roasted
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, roasted
- ½ cup almonds, raw
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 2-4 tsp harissa spice (to taste)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika (to taste)
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (divided)
- ½ cup garlicky cashew cream recipe*
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.Prepare an oven-proof pan for red peppers and tomatoes.Optional but delicious is a drizzle of garlicky cashew cream. Recipe here.
- ROASTING VEGGIESCut red peppers in half - remove insides. Place face down on prepared baking dish. Place whole cherry tomatoes or halved cocktail tomatoes on the baking dish, and put in the oven until the red peppers are blackened (about 15-20 minutes).
- Put blacked hot red peppers into a bag and let the cool. Remove the skins and set aside.
- Add some salt and pepper to the roasted tomatoes.
- Combine all ingredients (use only ¼ cup parsley) in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Express Version: Use canned tomatoes instead of roasted, and jarred roasted red peppers instead of roasting your own - this will change the flavour somewhat.
- While the peppers are cooking, prepare your favourite pasta as per package instructions.
- Toss the hot pasta with the red pepper harissa sauce. Add a drizzle of cashew cream (if using), sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley, and dig in!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.