This vegan banana split smoothie bowl recipe is made with dairy-free ice cream, bananas, and fresh juicy summer berries. It's topped with chocolate covered cherries, coconut, pretzels, and chocolate drizzles. Talk about healthy indulgence vegan style!
I spent a summer or two working at Tasty Freeze when I was in high school. I've made my fair share of frozen treats from mastering the perfect dipped cone, ice cream sandwiches, to fully-loaded banana splits - trust me.
As a nod to my summers slinging frozen treats as a teenager, I made this delicious dairy free Banana Split vegan Smoothie Bowl. It's all natural, plant based, healthy, easy to make, and seriously delicious.
Vegan Banana Split Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
N'ice Cream - just frozen bananas plus some plant-based milk in the Vitamix. It's magical. Add any fruit you like to change the flavor profile.
Bananas - cut a banana in half and make a traditional banana split or go rogue and cut it into slices or chunks and dip them in chocolate. This vegan banana split is very customizable.
Fresh Fruit - strawberries, cherries, pineapple, mango, blueberries to name a few.
Sweetness - add a splash of maple syrup or a few dates to the ice cream to amp up the sweetness level. Just taste and adjust as you go.
Crunchy - add a handful of crushed pretzels or toasted peanuts to the top for some crunch.
Chocolate Drizzles - is it even a banana split ice cream sundae without chocolate drizzles? I think not!
PRO TIP: Peel ripe-over ripe bananas and place them on a sheet pan in the freezer. Once they are frozen, store them in a large airtight container or ziplock in the freezer to have on hand for n'ice cream, banana bread, etc.
To keep the ice cream thick and luxurious, make sure the bananas are frozen solid and add the milk slowly. For best results, you'll need to use the tamper to assist the process.
For ultra indulgence, make this vegan caramel sauce (BE FOREWARNED - it's super addictive)!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Banana Split Smoothie Bowl (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 cups frozen cranberries, raspberries or cherries
- ¼ - ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used oat)
- 1 fresh banana, sliced in half
- ½ cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- fresh berries (I used raspberries and strawberries)
- 3-6 cherries
- shredded coconut
- salted pretzels, gf
- Melt the chocolate chips on the stove or in the microwave until completely melted and runny for dipping and drizzling. Dip the cherries (one at a time) in the chocolate and set on a piece of parchment to harden. Reserve the remaining melted chocolate for drizzling.
- Slice bananas and strawberries. Crush some salted pretzels or chips if using.
- Place frozen bananas, frozen berries of choice (cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc), and a splash of plant-based milk (I used oat but love almond as well). Blend, using the tamper to keep the smoothie moving. Add more milk as needed to desired consistency.
- Fill a bowl with the ice cream, top with fresh berries, chocolate dipped cherries, bananas, coconut shreds, crushed salty pretzels or chips, and then drizzle liberally with melted chocolate.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.