The best vegan Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins recipe made without eggs or dairy. Quick and easy to make in only one bowl. They're moist, nourishing, and super flavorful. The perfect size for breakfast on the go or a healthy afternoon snack.
My grandma loved these bran muffins - she always said they were perfect! Not too sweet, not too big, not too filling - just perfect! Thanks, Grandma!
Why You'll Love These Vegan Bran Muffins
- Quick and easy to make - one bowl and done.
- Moist and tender with a great muffin top crust.
- Not too sweet, have a hint of vanilla and cinnamon, and great texture from the carrots and raisins.
- Nutritious and delicious.
- Freezes well.
These carrot raisin bran muffins are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack. They are great after a workout or if you are feeling a little peckish around 2 pm. Packed with nutrients and fibre, and full of flavour, these bran muffin are the perfect choice anytime.
I used Bob's Red Mill egg replacer (1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons water), but I've also used 3 tablespoons of aquafaba (chickpea liquid) with good success. If you have a favorite egg replacer, I'm sure it will work beautifully in this very adaptable recipe.
More Delicious Vegan Baking
It's easy to bake without eggs and without dairy, here's some of our favorite vegan baking recipes to try:
- Bucket of Dough - Bake like a pro, big batch or small batch vegan cinnamon rolls, bread, pita bread and so much more with this Master Refrigerator Dough Recipe!
- The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe ever - vegan or not!!!
- Vegan Biscuits - tall tender melt in your mouth vegan biscuits!
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Perfect Carrot Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- 1 ½ cups bran
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg replacer (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup neutral oil such as canola
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup raisins, more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º FPrepare muffin tins with cooking spray or cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl stir together 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 cup plant-based milk.
- Grate carrots.
- Add bran to milk mixture, and let it soak.
- Meanwhile, beat together egg replacer*, vanilla, sugar, and oil. Stir in the bran-milk mixture. *I used Bob's Red Mill egg replacer and followed directions for 1 egg; however, you can use any egg replacer you have on hand including ground flax seed (1 tbsp + 3 tbsp warm water - let set until thick) or aquafaba (3 tbsp).
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the tops are nicely golden brown. Let cool and move to a cooling rack.
- Serve plain or with some nut butter for extra protein and crunch.
- These muffins freeze well so are great for food prepping for the week. Enjoy!
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.