OMG! this spicy cardamom walnut milk is the bomb! Ever since my foodie friend, Anna Pippus (Easy Animal Free) posted it, I've been addicted. It's fast, easy, delicious, dairy free, and super flavourful.
Does this happen to you? Around two o'clock every afternoon, I get a bit peckish and start looking for something sweet to eat. Enter spicy, chai-inspired, thick and delicious, walnut-hemp milk. The great thing about this drink is it's hot, it's sweet, it's spicy, it's healthy, it's dairy free; and it's the perfect comforting hot drink for the witching hour. I love it warm - full strength or I steep some black tea and make a chai-tea latte.
You can easily make this with cashew nuts instead of walnuts and can also make it chocolatey if you are craving a bit of chocolate (I mean, who doesn't every now and then, right!).
Enjoy your new favourite drink!!!
** If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe below! **
** Remember to tag @ceeceecooks on Instagram! **
Spicy Cardamom Walnut Milk
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds*
- 4-8 dates, pitted*
- 4 cloves cardamom (I used black)*
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)*
- If you don’t have a high-powered blender, soak the nuts, seeds, and dates first. Otherwise, throw everything into your blender and blend it up until smooth (around 2 minutes).
- The walnuts can leave some small fibrous bits behind which can be strained out (with a nut milk bag or a fine mesh strainer) if you prefer. I don't strain as I like the texture and the nutrition from the whole nuts and seeds.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, but it won't last!Shake before using.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.