The easiest vegan chocolate cupcake recipe that is deliciously decadent. These cupcakes are rick and indulgent but made without eggs or dairy. They are incredibly scrumptious!
Chocolate on chocolate on chocolate - these vegan chocolate cupcakes are a chocoholics dream. A light, moist, not too sweet chocolate cupcake with a swirl of chocolate-mocha icing, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
This Quick Chocolate Cake recipe is a family favourite that was given to me by my sister-in-law over 35 years ago. Equally as delicious as a cake or cupcakes, this recipe takes only a few basic ingredients and was easy to veganize without any loss of flavour or texture.
These cupcakes are so quick and easy to make, you really can 'just whip some up'!
More Vegan Chocolate Baking Recipes
When your sweet tooth is calling, here's the answer:
- Scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars - classic pairing and always a huge hit!
- The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe - second to none - vegan or not!
- Salted Caramel Biscotti Cookies Recipe - very indulgent!
- Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow Cookie Cups - spectacular and easy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Chocolate Obsession Cupcake Recipe (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup almond milk (or any plant based)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba
- ½ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- ½ cup chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 350º FPrepare muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk (or sift) together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the bowl. Whisk to mix and break up any big lumps.
- Scoop the batter to fill the muffin cups ¾ full. Place in preheated oven for 17-19 minutes. They are ready when a toothpick comes out clean (or ony a few crumbs).
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking/cooling, make the frosting.
- Gently melt chocolate in the microwave in short increments, stirring each time. Or melt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the room-temperature butter, melted (cooled) chocolate, and cocoa until soft and creamy.
- In a small dish, combine the vanilla and coffee granules and then mix it into the butter-chocolate mixture.
- Add the icing sugar ½ a cup at a time, beating on medium until combined. If necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk to thin the icing.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost each with the chocolate icing.
- I used a Wilton 1M tip for these cupcakes. But I've used lots of different tips over the years and have also just swirled the icing around with the back of a spoon with beautiful results.
- Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips or some sprinkles over top to garnish.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.