The easiest vegan chocolate cupcake recipe that is deliciously decadent. These cupcakes are rick and indulgent but made without eggs or dairy. They are incredibly scrumptious!
Chocolate on chocolate on chocolate - these vegan chocolate cupcakes are a chocoholics dream. A light, moist, not too sweet chocolate cupcake with a swirl of chocolate-mocha icing, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
This Quick Chocolate Cake recipe is a family favourite that was given to me by my sister-in-law over 35 years ago. Equally as delicious as a cake or cupcakes, this recipe takes only a few basic ingredients and was easy to veganize without any loss of flavour or texture.
These cupcakes are so quick and easy to make, you really can 'just whip some up'!
More Indulgent Vegan Chocolate Baking Recipes
When your sweet tooth is calling, here's the answer:
Scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars - classic pairing and always a huge hit!
The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe - second to none - vegan or not!
Salted Caramel Biscotti Cookies Recipe - I could eat the whole batch to myself - very indulgent
Did you make my easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe?
Leaving a comment and star rating helps others discover my blog and recipes.
Please share your photos with me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook,
I love to see your re-creations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER**
Chocolate Obsession Cupcake Recipe (vegan)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup aquafaba* (or 1 egg replacer)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- ½ cup chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 350º FPrepare muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cocoa powder, water, and milk and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Egg Replacer: Aquafaba is the water (aqua) from beans (faba) in this case chickpeas. This is a good choice for an egg replacer for this particular recipe, but you can use your favourite egg replacer instead (I've used Bob's Red Mill egg replacer - 1 egg).
- Whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Froth the aquafaba (by shaking it in a jar) then stir to incorporate it into chocolate mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the bowl. Stir to incorporate.
- Spoon the batter to fill the muffin cups ¾ full. Place in pre-heated oven for 17-19 minutes. They are ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking/cooling, make the frosting.
- Remove butter from fridge.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in short increments, stirring each time. Or melt using stove stop method in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the room-temperature butter, melted (cooled) chocolate, and cocoa until soft and creamy.
- In a small dish, combine the vanilla and coffee granules and then mix it into the butter-chocolate mixture.
- Add the icing sugar ½ a cup at a time, beating on medium until combined. If necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk to thin the icing.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost each with the chocolate icing.
- Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips or some sprinkles over top to garnish.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.