These peanut butter bars are an easy to make, kid approved, crowd-pleasing, family favourite, vegan indulgence.
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Bars is an understatement for these beauties. If you are looking for a dessert that will wow your guests (vegan or not), this is it! These yummy peanut butter bars are the like the fancy big sister to one-bite chocolate peanut butter cups. They are the irresistible classic pairing of chocolate and peanut butter, but with crunchy gluten free pretzels on top - yass, please!
Why You'll Love These Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
- Easy to make.
- Delicious, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free
- Customizable - use any nut butter, switch out crushed peanuts for almonds or pistachios, add some heat with a sprinkle of cayenne, add cranberries, pomegranates or crushed candy canes on the top layer of chocolate.
- Crowd Pleaser - everyone loves these bars, they are kid approved and family friendly.
- Fancy Dessert - they are super pretty so it looks like you fussed, but you didn't.
- Freeze well so perfect for making ahead during the busy holiday months.
Be prepared! If you take these to a party, there won't be any leftovers. No one will believe these peanut butter pretzel bars are dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan. Everyone will want the recipe!
Tips for Making Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
- Melt the chocolate and cover the bottom of a baking dish to the thickness you desire. Our family likes the bottom layer of chocolate pretty thick, make yours as thick as you enjoy.
- Make the peanut butter filling to layer between the chocolate.
- Add some crunchy chopped peanuts and pretzel pieces between the layers and on top.
- Give the bars lots of time to set and harden before slicing them. I suggest putting them in the freezer for a few hours or even overnight. If they are too soft when you slice into them, the peanut butter squishes out - still tasty, but messy!
- It's best to hide them from the family if you want any left to serve guests!
Storing and Freezing
These yummy vegan peanut butter bars can be stored in the fridge easily for a week (good luck with that!).
I make these bars at the beginning of December and put them in the freezer in an attempt to have some on hand for pop in guests and holiday get togethers. The freeze beautifully, unfortunately, my family has discovered, they love them frozen so . . . .
More Indulgent Vegan Dessert Recipes
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - second to none!
Epic Marshmallow Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cups - Grandma Smith's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe with a twist!
Salted Caramel Millionaire Cookies - Honestly the most decadent vegan cookie ever and so pretty!
Did you make my easy, delicious Vegan Peanut Butter Bar Recipe?
Leaving a comment and star rating helps others discover my blog and recipes.
Please share your photos with me on IG @ceeceecooks and Facebook,
I love to see your re-creations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars Recipe
- 12 oz chocolate, vegan
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup peanuts, rough chop
- ¾ cup pretzel sticks (gluten-free)
- pinch salt flakes
- Prepare an 8x8 pan with a sheet of parchment and lightly buttered edges.
- Chop the peanuts and rough chop ~¼ cup pretzels. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate or chocolate chips with 2 tsp refined solid coconut oil.
- Pour about half the melted chocolate into the bottom of the prepared pan until the bottom is covered. Pro Tip: We like the bottom layer a bit thick but divide the chocolate to your preference.
- Sprinkle some chopped pretzel pieces onto the chocolate evenly. Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
- While the chocolate is hardening, stir together the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate is hard, pour the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate.
- Then pour the remaining melted (partially cooled) chocolate over the peanut butter to cover it completely. Pro Tip: If the chocolate you are pouring starts to thicken, just warm it in the microwave for ~10-15 seconds to remelt).
- I used pretzel sticks on the top and laid them out in a pattern, but pretzel twists or crushed pretzels work as well.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped nuts, and flaky sea salt to garnish. I had some leftover chocolate some added a swirl of chocolate on top as well.
- Return to the refrigerator or freezer to harden completely before slicing. Pro Tip: Before slicing these bars, they must be completely set and rock solid or the peanut butter squeezes out. I put them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight and then cut them with a sharp knife.
- They are best served chilled. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.