Super delicious and healthy, this creamy chimichurri sauce is dairy-free, oil-free, gluten-free, and totally vegan.
Delicious drizzle on everything, it's going to knock your socks off! Full of flavour and oh so creamy - it's THE BEST! In fact at our house, it's referred to as 'that magical green sauce'!
It's so easy too! Just throw all ingredients (except hot pepper flakes) into the blender, and you'll be drizzling, dipping, and slurping it up in no time. The flavour profile of this sauce is incredible - it hits all the notes, sweet, salty, garlicky, sour, bright, creamy and a little hit of heat. Super addicting and magical!!
Not sure where to try this creamy, healthy, vegan sauce first? Drizzle it on these tacos, burritos, tofu breakfast scramble, veggie bowl, baked potato buffet, and Friday night nachos. It's delicious on literally everything!
Vegan Sauce Options and Substitutions
Oil free - this sauce is easily oil free. Cashews add both creaminess and a subtle sweetness to the sauce.
Nut free - but hey, if you can't do nuts or you don't have any on hand, swap out the cashew and associated water with ¼ of a small avocado which will give the sauce a lovely creamy, silkinessness.
Citrus - if you have no oranges on hand, use lime or lemon juice instead (you may want to add a teaspoonful or two of maple syrup to the sauce if you swamp the orange juice for lime juice cause - sour!).
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Easy Creamy Chimichurri Sauce (vegan)
Rate this recipe!
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup boiled water
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to taste)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- salt & black pepper
- ¼ - ½ tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Place hemp seeds, orange juice, cashews, hot water, lime, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, cilantro, parsley, and S&P in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- If the sauce is too thick, add water (1 or 2 tablespoons) at a time until the desired consistency is met.
- Stir in the hot pepper flakes if including (blending the peppers, adds a lot of heat so I usually just stir them in after).
- Place in fridge in airtight jar for up to a week.
- You may need to add a teaspoon of water to thin out after fridge time. Can be frozen.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.
Leave a Reply