This delicious, creamy vegan potato salad is perfect for BBQs, picnics, and family get togethers this summer. If you're looking for an easy but delicious and healthy potato salad made without eggs or dairy, keep reading!
Well it's that time of year again - summer time!!! Time to fire up the grills, dust off the outdoor furniture, and bust out your favorite summer recipes. This dairy free potato salad is perfect for taking to all the summer parties along with my veggie pesto pasta, vegan Greek salad and mango corn salsa of course!
Dairy Free Potato Salad Ingredients
Potatoes are the star ingredient so you'll want the best. I like new potatoes (red or white) or fingerling potatoes because they hold their shape and don't get mushy.
Because potatoes are the main event (it's not called POTATO salad for nothing!), they have to be cooked to perfection, not too firm, not too soft (no one wants a raw or mushy potato - trust me on this one!). Depending on the size and type of potato, it will take about 8-18 minutes boiling in lightly salted water for the potatoes to be fork-tender.
The best potato salad is creamy and crunchy with chunks of fork-tender potatoes tossed with lots of herbs and crunchy veggies. This, my grandmother's recipe is a very traditional potato salad. While I have kept the flavors similar - just a twist or two, I've also veganized it so it's dairy free, made without eggs or mayo!
What to serve with potato salad?
This delicious vegan potato salad recipe is a summer staple at BBQs, potlucks, and weekend gatherings. We love to create a buffet for our family get togethers. So there's usually a wide variety of vegan side dishes and salads from classic vegan Cesar salad to dairy free coleslaw, pico de gallo, guacamole, crunchy broccoli salad, vegan pesto pasta salad, and a simple avocado tomato cucumber salad with balsamic dressing.
Meat' Meet you at the Grill! No BBQ is complete without something on the grill (duh!). We love grilled plant based sausages like these Brats from Beyond Meat or the Mexican Chipotle and Italian Sausages from Field Roast - they are super delicious, vegan, and take only minutes to cook.
And of course, what BBQ would be complete without vegan burgers and vegan hot dogs? There are so many commercial brands available like the super popular Beyond Meat Burger or Field Roast patty and hotdog to name a couple.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Best Vegan Potato Salad without eggs!
Rate this recipe!
- 5 cups potatoes, cooked & cubed
- 5-6 green onions, sliced
- 8 radishes, dice or thin slices
- ½ - ¾ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ - ¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- S&P (to taste)
- ½ cup Vegenaise (or other vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons creamy horseradish (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- handful dill, parsley or basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Boil whole baby new potatoes (I don't peel them) in a medium-large pan (big enough so the potatoes have room to move around).
- Bring the salted water to a boil then carefully add the potatoes, bring the water back to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium (maintain a soft rolling boil) until the potatoes are fork-tender but firm (8-18 minutes depending on size and temperature).
Preparing the Vegetables
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice, chop, dice, cube, and grate veggies as indicated above. The ratio of veggies to potatoes is completely personal so add more or less to your family's personal preference.
- Pro Tip: Grandma says about potato salad consistency: ' the salad should be moist and hold together but not be sloppy'.
- Potatoes: After the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and cut them into bite size cubes. Place cooled, cubed, potatoes in a large bowl, add all other prepared veggies. Season with S&P to taste.
- In a smaller bowl stir together the dressing ingredients (Vegenaise, mustard, horseradish, paprika, lemon juice, and dill). Pour over potato mixture, stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with radish slices, fresh dill, parsley or basil, and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.