Fast, fresh, and delicious, this healthy broccoli salad packed with colourful veggies, raisins, sunflower seeds, beans and the creamiest tangy dressing ever. Packed with protein and fiber, this hearty salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free friendly and everyone loves it! Take it to BBQ, potlucks or food prep on Sunday and enjoy it all week!
This broccoli salad takes me right back to my days as a student working at the hospital. On Wednesdays they served Anne Lindsay's Buffet Broccoli Salad - it was my favourite day to eat in the cafeteria. Over the years, I've tweaked and recreated that salad many times and have served it dozens upon dozens of times to my family and friends. Everyone looooves it!
Broccoli salad is easy to make, it's fast, customizable, uber healthy, tastes delicious and is completely dairy free, gluten free, raw, and vegan. Of course, broccoli is the star veg of this salad; but I include cauliflower for a nice added crunch and flavour. In addition, the sweet raisins (cranberries, Craisins or even fresh grapes) and the sunflowers seeds add a chewy and crunchy surprise to each bite. The scrumptious dressing is super simple (I don't usually even measure). The Dijon and Vegenaise add creaminess, the lemon/red wine vinegar* adds a nice tang, and a hint of sweetness from maple syrup smooths out any sour notes. Sooo mouthwatering. *I've used balsamic vinegar for the acid with delicious results as well.
This is a great salad for meal prepping too! If you aren't eating it the first day, keep the dressing separate and add it the morning you are taking it for lunch. These sturdy veggies easily hold up all day and don't get soggy.
I know you are going to love this delicious, healthy, crunchy salad as much as our family and friends do.
More Vegan Salads and Side Dishes
Greek Salad with the best homemade vegan feta cheese!
Perfect Everyday Garden Salad - so healthy and delicious with fabulous dressing!
Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad - my go-to lunch with homemade balsamic drizzle.
Chopped Vegan Chicken Salad with Tex-Mex dressing - family favorite!
Did you make this healthy vegan broccoli salad with creamy dressing?
If so, please leave a review & comment below.
Follow me on Instagram @ceeceecooks, and Facebook
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Easy Peasy Broccoli Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins or cranberries
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- course ground black pepper, pinch of salt
- pinch hot pepper flakes, to taste
- garnish basil leaves, torn (optional)
- Prepare the veggie by washing and patting dry, then break the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets and place in a large bowl. Add the peeled, chopped onion and the chopped red pepper to the bowl.Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas (or from dried) and add to the bowl.Add the remaining salad ingredients, sunflower seeds (or any nuts or seeds you enjoy - pine nuts, pumpkins seeds and chopped walnuts all work well), and the raisins/cranberries, craisins or grapes (I cut them in half).
- DRESSING In a small mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk together. Pour over the salad and toss to incorporate. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve right away topped with torn basil leaves or store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to use.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.