Quick and easy, super flavorful, roasted red pepper cashew cream sauce that's incredible as a dipping sauce and drizzle. Enjoy this fabulous oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan sauce on Buddha bowls, tacos, baked veggies, and for dipping appetizers.
Cashew cream sauce is quick and easy to make - practically effortless. Plus it's so versatile - check out more variations! We're a sauce loving family and cashew cream sauce is one of our favorites - it makes everything 1000% more delicious! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Ingredient List for Cashew Cream
Short list - big payoff! Cashew cream is a beloved staple in my vegan kitchen!
Cashews - raw, unsalted cashews which are a little sweet but mostly bland so they make a wonderful base sauce for so many vegan sauces and dishes.
Garlic - fresh garlic clove for flavor and pungency. Could also use roasted garlic if you have some on hand.
Red Peppers - roasted for a deep charred sweetness.
Salt - to elevate flavors
Adobo Pepper/Sauce - optional smoky flavor to taste.
How to Roast Red Peppers
Roasting Red Peppers is super easy and roasting them brings out so much flavor so it's worth the time. Here's the steps:
- Preheat the oven to broil. Set the oven rack near the top burner.
- Cut the peppers in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet or oven proof pan. Cover with a sheet of parchment or tin foil for easy clean up.
- Once the skin on the peppers is charred and the pepper is soft, pull them out of the oven and transfer to a paper bag or cover with a bowl or container so the peppers sweat while they cool down.
- Once cool, remove the skin and seeds. Use in recipe or store in the fridge until needed.
Uses for Cashew Cream Sauce
More Vegan Sauces and Dressings to Try
As a sauce loving family, you'll find plenty of dairy-free, gluten-free sauces on my vegan sauces and dressing page. Here's a few of our favorites:
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!
Please leave a star rating and comment at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for sharing! Tag me on Instagram
For more Vegan Recipes: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER!
Roasted Red Pepper Cashew Cream
Rate this recipe!
- Vitamix High Power Blender
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- ½ cup cashews, raw
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- ½ - 1 pepper in adobo sauce (optional)
Roasting Red Peppers
- Preheat oven to broil. Place shelf on top or second to top shelf.
- Cut pepper in half, and place cut size down on oven proof pan or sheet pan. Broil until charred on the outside.
- Remove from oven and place in a paper bag or cover with a bowl or container to sweat until cool. Remove skin from pepper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a high power blender like a Vitamix. Blend until smooth and thick. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Blend in a tablespoon of hot water at a time until desired consistency is met.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.