If you're a sauce loving family like we are, you'll want to keep this list of 18 best vegan sauces handy. They are the best, healthy vegan sauces for dipping, drizzling and dressings including sweet, savory, spicy, tangy, cheesy, thick and pourable options. There's something for everyone!
As a vegan food blogger, I always have a fridge full of bits and bobs from recipe testing. I repurpose leftovers at least 3 times a week into bowls or vegan tacos. Vegan sauces and drizzles are my secret weapon for transforming these leftovers into a spectacular weeknight meal in minutes.
Keep reading for some of our favorite quick and easy vegan sauce recipes that are delicious on vegan taco bowls, Buddha bowls, vegan tacos, rainbow salads, and desserts. I've included a few vegan dressings and drizzles that I think you'll love too!
Bursting with flavor, a hit of heat and a kiss of sweet, this 3 minute tahini sauce will rock your world! It's a super popular sauce on Buddha bowls, vegan shawarma, baked potatoes, and grilled veggies.
Made with tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice and sriracha sauce, it's oil free, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, plant based and paleo.
Everyone needs a great vegan sauce recipe or two in their back pocket, and this healthy tahini sauce/dressing is an incredible one. It's ready in 5 minutes, is super adaptable, and tastes amazing on everything. We love it as a falafel sauce, shawarma sauce, condiment for vegan burgers and veggie sandwiches or as a dip on a vegan mezze platter.
Check out the tahini sauce series on the blog for more flavor variations!
Cashew cream is a vegan chef's staple - it's so versatile! You can use it as a vegan heavy cream in veggie soup, chana masala, and vegan lasagna; or as a salad dressing, dip, drizzle or sauce. Tons of flavor options from sweet, savory, salty, and spicy included.
Oil free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, plant based, soy free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto friendly.
Who doesn't love a tangy, fresh and creamy tzatziki sauce? Made with your choice of cream base: vegan mayonnaise, cashew cream or dairy-free yogurt plus cucumbers and fresh dill. Quick and easy, it's the perfect sauce for vegan shawarma, grilled veggies, and cauliflower meatballs. A top 3 favorite vegan sauce in my family!
This tangy, dairy-free coleslaw dressing is my go-to, quick and easy dressing for cabbage slaw, garden salads and even drizzling on vegan rice bowls! Ready in under 5 minutes, it's made with vegan mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and dijon mustard.
This creamy vegan salad dressing is oil free, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, refined sugar free, soy free, vegan, and vegetarian.
So good you can drink it straight from the bottle, but drizzle it on a Tex-Mex Chopped Salad - it's the most flavorful, oil-free, vegan salad dressing ever! Made with vegan mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and salsa, it's ready in 3 minutes. Try it drizzled on summer salads, taco Buddha bowls, Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes and tofu crumble stuffed sweet potatoes.
Super creamy - made without oil, dairy or eggs. Plus it's gluten free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian.
This super flavorful and spicy vegan cashew queso is the best vegan cheese sauce ever! We love it on fully loaded vegan nachos, baked potatoes, vegan burgers and it makes the perfect dip for crispy fries. Made with cashews, salsa, smoky spices, and roasted red pepper, this cheesy vegan queso is perfect for game day!
This vegan pesto sauce is ready to enjoy in 5 minutes and it's super versatile. Use walnuts, cashews or pine nuts and play with the greens choosing basil, arugula, spinach or even kale! Stir it into vegan bolognese, slather it on a vegan meatball sub or vegan quesadillas for extra yumminess.
This savory-sweet vegan satay is so incredible it should be illegal! We love it on Thai peanut noodle bowls, crunch salads, veggie burgers, and plain old leftovers several times a month - it's that simple and irresistible.
Plus it's oil free, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and keto friendly!
With only a handful of ingredients, this luxuriously rich and spicy chipotle sauce is quick and simple to make, tastes amazing, and goes with absolutely everything! Plus there's no added oil, it's gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Vegan caramel is so easy to make - it's thick, rich, and totally indulgent. Drizzle it over vegan biscotti (best praline biscotti EVER!), stir it into vegan iced coffee or swirl on apple galette in puff pastry.
Here's a few new vegan sauces and dressings to try:
- Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - takes the place of vegan Italian dressing. Oil-free version.
- Vegan Tartar Sauce - use in place of sour cream on crispy smashed potatoes, drizzle on vegan fish tacos or as flavorful dairy-free dressing for cabbage slaw.
- Peanut Hoisin Sauce - this sauce became popular on the blog FAST and for good reason! It has incredible flavor, is nice and thick and goes with everything!
- Lemon Balsamic Dressing - everyone knows a killer dressing is everything and this recipe doesn't disappoint! There's a creamy option too!
- Honey Mustard Sauce - tangy, sweet, and creamy it makes an addictive dipping sauce for Vegan Sausage Rolls, a fabulous salad dressing, and delicious drizzle. Takes under 5 minutes to make, plus it's oil free, dairy free, and gluten free! BOOM!!
- Spicy Green Tahini - made with cilantro, fresh lime, and jalapeño for subtle heat. Drizzle on vegetarian tacos, vegan corn fritters, and savory vegan pancakes.
- Sushi Sauces - if you love vegan sushi rolls and bowls, you're going to love these sushi dipping sauces from spicy mayo to unagi sauce and teriyaki sauce.
18 Best Vegan Sauce Recipes
Rate this recipe!
- cashews, sunflower seeds or other nuts
- dijon mustard
- tahini paste
- maple syrup
- hot sauce
- herbs + spices
- Making Vegan Sauces: Tips
- Pick out a couple sauces to make each week (they store well in the fridge and are super versatile for serving with salads, bowls, tacos, leftovers, etc.). Great for meal prep!
- Vegan sauces couldn't be easier to make - ready in under 5 minutes with only a few pantry ingredients in most cases. Pro Tip: Read through the sauce recipe first as some may require pre-soaking nuts or pressing tofu, etc.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.