If you're a sauce loving family like we are, you'll want to keep this round up of 10 best vegan sauces handy. I've included sweet and savory, indulgent and healthy, rich and light, salty, spicy, tangy, thick and pourable options. There's something for everyone!
As a vegan food blogger, I always have a fridge full of bits and bobs from recipe testing. I repurpose leftovers at least 3 times a week into bowls or tacos. Sauces and drizzles are my secret weapon for transforming leftovers to a spectacular weeknight meal in minutes.
Quick and easy, uncomplicated, and incredibly addictive, these vegan sauce recipes are delicious on rice bowls, Buddha bowls, tacos, salads, and desserts. Keep reading for my Top 10 List of Scrumptious Vegan Sauces and Dressings plus a bonus backpocket salad dressing (oil-free) recipe you'll turn to again and again!
- Sweet and Spicy Tahini Sauce Recipe - this sensational 3 minute sweet and spicy tahini sauce is completely addictive. It's a super popular vegan sauce to drizzle on Buddha bowls or over tacos, baked potatoes and grilled veggies. Oil-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, wfpb, and paleo, it's made with tahini, maple syrup and sriracha sauce.
Reader Stacey loves this tahini sauce: "So delicious and easy, our whole family loved it, I can stop looking for the perfect Tahini dressing now, thank you!"
I created this sweet and spicy tahini sauce for my succulent shawarma wrap. It transforms this incredible plant-based sandwich into a tangy flavour bomb that everyone loves! Bursting with tangy, nutty flavor, a hit of heat and a kiss of sweet, this sauce will rock your world!
Find more scrumptious dairy-free sauce and dressing ideas on my vegan sauce recipes page.
- Everyday Tahini Sauce Recipe with a Twist - everyone needs a great sauce recipe or two in their back pocket, and this basic tahini sauce is an incredible one. It's quick and easy to make, is super adaptable, and tastes amazing on everything. I added a couple flavor twists too! It's rich and creamy but made without oil or dairy!
Reader Stephanie says: "We love this tahini sauce - it's so easy to make silky smooth. We love the date option for a hint of sweetness!"
Reader Greg says: "So creamy and delicious! Thanks for the garlic tips too!!"
Check out the tahini sauce recipe series on the blog for more flavor variations!
- Easy Cashew Cream Sauce Recipe - cashew cream is a vegan chef's staple. Very quickly, a few simple pantry ingredients are transformed into sweet or savory, thick and creamy sauces, dips, and drizzles - no oil, gluten or dairy required! This recipe post includes lots of tips and tricks for making the perfect cashew cream sauce every time!!
We have a saucy family so all the flavors of cashew sauces are very popular at our house. It's a quick, easy, and super versatile sauce so make a big batch to stir into soup, drizzle over tacos, breakfast burritos, pasta, and so much more!
Reader Karoline says: "The cashew cream is so delicious. Just put it on everything! The best vegan sauce I have ever tasted. Such creamy, nutty, spicy perfection. Thank you!"
- Delicious Vegan Tzatziki Sauce Recipe - everyone loves this tangy, fresh and creamy dairy-free tzatziki sauce. Made with vegan mayonnaise, cucumber and dill, it's absolutely delicious drizzled on tacos, stuffed sweet potatoes, pizza, and pretty much everything else!
Reader Miranda says: "Hands down my favourite salad dressing EVER. I love this so much! I put it on everything, I especially love it on my vegetarian bowls. It's so easy and fast to make and so tasty. Recipe was super easy to follow."
Reader Sam says: "This tzatziki sauce should be made by the jugful it's that delicious!"
- Creamy Tangy Homemade Salad Dressing - perfect on cabbage coleslaw, garden salads or drizzled on vegan rice bowls, this tangy-sweet, creamy dressing is sensational! Made with your choice of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard, this oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free dressing is 100% deliciously vegan.
Everyone loves this incredible vegan salad dressing. It's easy to make, stores well in the fridge, has lots of flavor and is made without dairy or oil. Plus it's versatile - switch up the spices or vinegars to customize your own flavor combination!
- Tex-Mex Salad Dressing - so good you could drink it straight from the bottle, but drizzle it on a Southwestern Chopped Salad - it's the best homemade vegan salad dressing! Say goodbye to store bought dressings and sauces, this creamy, dairy-free sauce is ready in 3 minutes. It's spicy, smoky, oil-free, gluten-free, and bursting with flavor.
Reader Drisana says: "This salad was AMAZING! Full of delicious veggies and the dressing was so quick and just the perfect flavor needed to bump this salad up a notch!"
- Vegan Queso Cheese Sauce Recipe - family favorite on Taco Tuesdays or weekend parties Vegan Nacho Supreme. Made with blended cashews, salsa, smoky spices, and roasted red pepper, this thick, cheesy vegan queso is fabulous drizzled over everything!
It's the perfect sauce for game day, family get togethers and parties because everyone loves this queso - vegan or not!
- Easy 5 Minute Vegan Pesto Recipe - this versatile vegan pesto sauce is really quick and it easy to make and it amps up the flavors on everything you add it to. Stir it into soup or lentil bolognese sauce or drizzle over tacos for extra yumminess.
But I created this zesty garlicky pesto to slather on my Vegan Meatball Sub sandwich, and it's an extraordinary flavor combination!!!
Some five star reviews: 'This is definitely in my top 5 sandwiches ever eaten. This is like secret food truck level good. I can't say enough good things about this sandwich.' Scott
'What a delicious sandwich. The pesto is so delicious. I didn't know that I loved pesto this much. The flavors go together so well. I can't wait to make it again.' Julie
'I can't believe this is vegan, the sauce is so incredible!! I LOVE this sandwich. Make it again please!' Jennifer
- Spicy Satay Peanut Sauce - this savory-sweet vegan peanut sauce recipe is so incredible it should be illegal! It's super flavorful, easy to make, keeps well in the fridge, is delicious slathered on everything; and it's oil-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! Whoop!
Enjoy this 5 minute vegan satay sauce on a Spicy Peanut Tofu noodle bowl, over grilled veggies or as a Buddha bowl sauce. Use it as a salad dressing, taco sauce or breakfast burrito drizzle - it's a popular and versatile sauce in my vegan kitchen!
- Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe - so easy to make and it's thick, rich, and totally indulgent. Drizzle it over Walnut Praline Biscotti (best biscotti EVER!), stir it into Iced Coffee or swirl on dessert.
This dairy-free salted caramel sauce is really difficult to resist. The first time I made it, I kept going back to the fridge to 'test' it; and before I knew it, it was all gone. Yikes!
So although I can attest to its deliciousness straight out of the fridge, try it on these life-changing and fancy holiday millionaire cookies or serve it over dairy-free Affogato for a special vegan dessert. I have no doubt that you'll find your own places to drizzle or dip this homemade vegan caramel sauce.
Bonus: Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
This is one my go-to vegan salad dressing recipes I whip up whenever we have a big salad or rice bowl. A zesty oil-free lemon dressing for salad that is quick and easy and makes everything 1000% more delicious. It stores well in the fridge all week.
Did you make my 10 Best Vegan Sauces, Dressing and Dips Recipe?
Which is your favorite? Let me know below in comments.
Tag me on Instagram, I love seeing your food!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: Sign up for my email NEWSLETTER
10 Best Vegan Sauce Recipes
Rate this recipe!
- cashews, sunflower seeds or other nuts
- dijon mustard
- tahini paste
- maple syrup
- hot sauce
- herbs + spices
- Making Vegan Sauces: Tips
- Pick out a couple sauces to make each week (they store well in the fridge and are super versatile for serving with salads, bowls, tacos, leftovers, etc.).
- Vegan sauces couldn't be easier to make - ready in under 5 minutes with only a few pantry ingredients in most cases. Pro Tip: Read through the sauce recipe first as some may require pre-soaking nuts or pressing tofu, etc.
This recipe is from simplyceecee.co food blog. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.